It is currently Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:01 pm

Welcome to TalonAirgun.com Guest!    Register  Or performs the  Login       

Information: The foremost Website for the discussion and tuning of AirForce Airguns

Quackenbush .308 Exile

Talk about Guns by companies other than AirForce here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Y

Quackenbush .308 Exile

Postby Yellow Ninja » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:02 pm

I sent my Oath back to Dennis a short while ago, so have been expecting UPS to bring my .308 since the day after I put the oath in the mail :oops:. Today UPS shows up. I don't have anything that should be coming today so I'm HOPING its the .308... driver gets out and the box looks too short :( .... But I get hold of it, check the label and it says Dennis Quackenbush !....He'd removed the barrel from the action and packed them separately.

So far its so many times better than I expected (I haven't shot it yet, just filled it with air and went to the Post Office).

Per diem, per noctem

Talon SS, 18" .25, Blodnob Valve, ATN PS22

Random avatar
Yellow Ninja

awesome

Postby slayer5 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 pm

expect reviews!
Talon ss .22
Condor .22
Marauder .25
Shoebox compressor
Daystate Air Ranger .22
Guppy tank and Marauder .22 Pistol custom
Edgun R3 long .25
slayer5

Postby Jerry » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:58 pm

We got slugs for that! :)

Enjoy!
Random avatar
Jerry

Postby rob3dr » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Remember follow through on trigger pull..... shoot it like a match gun and you'll end up with it going 'puft' and not shooting... happened on the first fill I had on a new gun.

Called Dennis and he explained that I need to do proper follow through.

In short... dont pussy foot around with it. You'll find the trigger to be quite stiff for a bit, but it will smooth out on it's own.

Ask Dennis for a spring like he uses in his .25's and you can drop the power to 140fpe for a dozen to 15 shots out of it. Or you can keep the 200fpe for about 5 shots. Just depends on what you wish to do with it.

You'll note the tight tolerances on the gun... everything will seem a bit tight at first, but will break in nicely.

Congrats!!!
All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

75%.... I can deal with the smell.
rob3dr

Postby airtight_python » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:17 pm

Congrats. Now you won't have a problem with the really big sparrows.
Random avatar
airtight_python

Postby photo22 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Congratulation Ninja :D What does a big gun like that weigh?
"Shooting Mo Fo"
photo22

Postby Yellow Ninja » Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:36 pm

Its not that heavy, actually surprised me at how light it is - A bit lighter than my 410.

Stopped raining and I mounted the scope. Shot a few pellets in basement just to check it.

Per diem, per noctem

Random avatar
Yellow Ninja

Postby BUTCHER45 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:50 pm

I went hunting with a guy that was using a .308 DAQ.

He had better luck using the un-sized slugs, as opposed to the sized ones. He got'em from SureFire, so maybe Jerry can share what the un-sized slugs drop at.
BUTCHER45
Home of the Excruciator...the Original Borosilicate Game Call

http://butchersgamecalls.blogspot.com/
BUTCHER45

Postby TeflonTron » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:03 pm

I must be the only person here who thinks that it's ugly then? Well, not ugly per say, just a little on the effeminate side.
TeflonTron

Postby Yellow Ninja » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:26 pm

Its looks are from classic hunting rifles. Check out a Remington 700 or Ruger 10/22 - Similar lines. I didnt buy it to look pretty - but I do agree, I'm not a fan of the 700 or 10/22 in stock form.
Per diem, per noctem

Random avatar
Yellow Ninja

Postby BUTCHER45 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:41 pm

TeflonTron wrote:I must be the only person here who thinks that it's ugly then? Well, not ugly per say, just a little on the effeminate side.

I don't know about that (a custom stock can go a long way on a rifle), but I do know that you were probably the only guy here that didn't think that ANY of those beauty pageant contestants were smokin' hot.

I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but COME ON NOW TRON!

BUTCHER45

BUTCHER45

Postby airtight_python » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:45 pm

If Dennis were to ask for one piece of advice from me regarding the rifles looks, I'd only have one thing to say...

The lower pistol grip section of the buttstock should be more defined. As in so...

vs

Random avatar
airtight_python

Postby Saugus18 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:55 pm

TeflonTron wrote:I must be the only person here who thinks that it's ugly then? Well, not ugly per say, just a little on the effeminate side.

Well I don't think the gun is ugly, but even if I did, I have a strong feeling that whatever he hits with that thing will instantly become a lot uglier than the gun lol. Congrats on the new gun YN, very nice. Hope you have a thick cement wall for a backstop. :twisted:
Saugus18

Postby airtight_python » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:59 pm

It's not quite as ugly holding it in your hands. Feels pretty good too. Sweet and supple, like a brand new lady. ;)
Random avatar
airtight_python

Postby maw » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:25 am

If she gets too ugly I always take her.
Random avatar
maw

rough looking

Postby slayer5 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:56 am

That said I would like to get on my Quakenbushes waiting list for one!
How loud is that thing? Thats my only concern, if its as loud as my powder burners I do not see an advantage. Excuse my ignornace but never actually saw one in person being shot only videos. I want to hear more about the ugly rifle (kidding) I will get on line for those that will take it if it gets too ugly for you. LOL
I am all about what a gun does performance wise, if its comfortable and shoots good I am in! Walnut stocks do not impress me dead critters impresses the hell out of me! :twisted:
Talon ss .22
Condor .22
Marauder .25
Shoebox compressor
Daystate Air Ranger .22
Guppy tank and Marauder .22 Pistol custom
Edgun R3 long .25
slayer5

Re: rough looking

Postby rob3dr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:59 am

slayer5 wrote:That said I would like to get on my Quakenbushes waiting list for one!
How loud is that thing? Thats my only concern, if its as loud as my powder burners I do not see an advantage. Excuse my ignornace but never actually saw one in person being shot only videos. I want to hear more about the ugly rifle (kidding) I will get on line for those that will take it if it gets too ugly for you. LOL
I am all about what a gun does performance wise, if its comfortable and shoots good I am in! Walnut stocks do not impress me dead critters impresses the hell out of me! :twisted:

How loud? Take a .410 shotgun and shoot it into a barrel. Thats about what it sounds like.... a muffled small bore shotgun blast. You wont have the loud CRACK of a rimfire or centerfire, but will be more of a booming noise.

If noise is a concern, the DAQ's are not for you.

Good judgment comes from experience; experience usually comes from bad judgment.

rob3dr

Postby rob3dr » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:01 am

BUTCHER45 wrote:I went hunting with a guy that was using a .308 DAQ.

He had better luck using the un-sized slugs, as opposed to the sized ones. He got'em from SureFire, so maybe Jerry can share what the un-sized slugs drop at.

My 308 that was delivered from the last shipment prior to YN's seems to prefer unsized slugs as well. Anything in the .310-314 range seems to work best. Slugs sized to .308 tend to fly all over the place.

rob3dr

Postby Jerry » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:11 am

I don't recall the exact size the ".308s" drop at. I can confirm that every single customer shooting a DAQ .308 has reported the unsized slugs performed better than slugs sized to .308. That goes for slugs in the 113 - 120gr range. I'm not sure if the longer slugs would prefer to be sized.
Random avatar
Jerry

Postby BUTCHER45 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 am

rob3dr wrote:
BUTCHER45 wrote:I went hunting with a guy that was using a .308 DAQ.

My 308 that was delivered from the last shipment prior to YN's seems to prefer unsized slugs as well. Anything in the .310-314 range seems to work best. Slugs sized to .308 tend to fly all over the place.

Sounds like these are more like ".32's" (whcih have MUCH more available as far as soft lead slugs).

I'd LOVE to see how .32 caliber MaxiBalls shoot out of it. Now that would be a nice 200 yard slug!
BUTCHER45

BUTCHER45

Next

Return to Other Guns