It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Welcome to TalonAirgun.com Guest!    Register  Or performs the  Login       

Information: The foremost Website for the discussion and tuning of AirForce Airguns

Bulls-Eye Bill's Frame Extender For a Condor Do They Work ?

Talk about the design and implementation of Moderators, Shrouds and Pickles along with other methods of quietening down air rifles. PLEASE NOTE: this is for air rifles and air pistols only, not Powderburners.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing

Bulls-Eye Bill's Frame Extender For a Condor Do They Work ?

Postby KI4EJI » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:03 pm

What can soom body tell me about this frame extender do they work or not?
Random avatar
KI4EJI

Postby El Chupacabra » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:43 am

I had one on a Talon SS with 24" barrel that worked well for me. I'm in the country but my wife and friends said it cut way down on the report. If you wanted to quiet it down more you could always experiment with the washer spring scotchbrite etc stuff. Cost is attractive as well.
El Chupacabra

Postby shrpshotr28 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:44 pm

they DO work, a big difference over an unshrouded Condor; just a matter of what noise level you consider acceptable. Very good for the money, but nowhere near a Talontunes, Airhog, or any number of others being hand built, as it has much smaller internal volume and no baffling.
BEFORE THERE WERE LAWYERS, THERE WERE HANDSHAKES AND COLT's......ALL ANYONE EVER NEEDED.
shrpshotr28

Postby El Chupacabra » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:55 pm

Here is a picture of a Bullseye frame extender on a Talon SS w/18" barrel. I have cut it down to extend just 4-1/2" inches past the end of the frame. I shot it this afternoon and it's quiet. As quiet as the 12" barrel with washers and springs+o-rings. I would say you can't go wrong with a Bullseye extender for the price unless you needed something super quiet.
http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv11 ... shroud.jpg
El Chupacabra

Return to Shrouds and Moderators