It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Welcome to TalonAirgun.com Guest!    Register  Or performs the  Login       

Information: The foremost Website for the discussion and tuning of AirForce Airguns

Extreme Hunter .410 shotgun

Talk about Guns by companies other than AirForce here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Y

Extreme Hunter .410 shotgun

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:42 am

We are testing our .410 shotgun with excellent results...3/4 oz of no. 8 shot is deadly at 35+ yards. Let me know if there is any interest in the airgun world for a gun like this...This would be an excellent turkey gun...Allen.
Random avatar
allen avram

Postby acourvil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:28 am

hmm . . . #8 out of a powder burner is slowing down pretty well by 35 yards, and you want #6 or bigger for turkey anyway. Maybe post some more details about what the gun can do, but my initial reaction is not that positive.
acourvil

.410 shotgun

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:34 am

Thanks for the reply...All I had is no. 8 shot at the time of testing...we will be testing different shot size...Allen.
Random avatar
allen avram

Postby moneyshot » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am

if you turn up the heat more, id load shot cups with flechettes and give it a "shot"... :twisted:
im a slayer fan myself...
Random avatar
moneyshot

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 am

moneyshot wrote:if you turn up the heat more, id load shot cups with flechettes and give it a "shot"... :twisted:

Hmmm were at over 1100fps now...flechetts how legal are these in the states...
Random avatar
allen avram

Postby moneyshot » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:18 am

if self made or bought separate from the hull, i dont believe its illegal...
im a slayer fan myself...
Random avatar
moneyshot

Postby Dyotat100 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:36 am

Wondering what happened to the .40? Then you say you have a .308.

We have never seen any groups from any of these guns. Is there a accuracy problem and now we have turned to making it a shotgun?
Dyotat100

Postby roachcreek » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:02 am

Did you consider making it a 28 or 20 gauge?

When I bought my Ranger 45, Dan had stated he might make a 20 gauge, but it never materialized.

Regards,

Roachcreek
Regards,

Roachcreek

Longest air gun shot ever 615 yards 12 oz cola can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd9GXcrnZrM
Random avatar
roachcreek

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:22 am

Dyotat100 wrote:Wondering what happened to the .40? Then you say you have a .308.

We have never seen any groups from any of these guns. Is there a accuracy problem and now we have turned to making it a shotgun?

We make a .308, .40, .45 and .410 shotgun...there is no accuracy problem with any of our guns, they all group very well...Allen.
Random avatar
allen avram

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:26 am

roachcreek wrote:Did you consider making it a 28 or 20 gauge?

When I bought my Ranger 45, Dan had stated he might make a 20 gauge, but it never materialized.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Thought about the 28 and 20 but the .410 is a shoe in with dimensions close to the .40 rifle...Allen.
Random avatar
allen avram

Postby Tofazfou » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:32 am

Allen,

Please don't take this wrong as it's constructive and not destructive.

Have to agree with Dyotat, lots of talking about this gun but no REAL info on it to date. I have to admit now that after all these years of being around big bore airguns and small bore airguns, the big bores are the one out of the two that the makers use RAW HORSEPOWER as the main selling point. Its like, a picture of the gun and a single chrony number and that's all we ever get. One is left to ASSUME the gun is accurate and reliable. Then once we buy them, we have nothing but issues. And at 1000-1500 bucks, we simply cannot afford to assume its a good gun cause it looks good and makes 1000 FPE! At least i can't afford it..lol!

I personally like all the caliber ideas you guys have come up with. the 40 and the 308 and the 451 IIRC. I was really interested in the 40 cal. Seems like you guys are willing to make a wide variety of calibers and that's AWESOME. But you guys have to start showing MORE on these guns and what they can do.

Crosman and the Rogue are doing the same thing. Lots of killing of animals (which we already know a bb gun can do) but they refuse to group or chrony the gun. They have therefore gained a lot of skepticism and criticism for it.

Regards,

Cedric
Tofazfou

Postby Dyotat100 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:48 am

What name are they sold under? Have you sold any? Someone was asking about the .40 not to long ago on here.

They can't shoot just "Mr Hollow Points" junk either. Need to shoot nomal slugs that people can cast.
Dyotat100

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:53 am

Tofazfou wrote:Allen,

Please don't take this wrong as it's constructive and not destructive.

Have to agree with Dyotat, lots of talking about this gun but no REAL info on it to date. I have to admit now that after all these years of being around big bore airguns and small bore airguns, the big bores are the one out of the two that the makers use RAW HORSEPOWER as the main selling point. Its like, a picture of the gun and a single chrony number and that's all we ever get. One is left to ASSUME the gun is accurate and reliable. Then once we buy them, we have nothing but issues. And at 1000-1500 bucks, we simply cannot afford to assume its a good gun cause it looks good and makes 1000 FPE! At least i can't afford it..lol!

I personally like all the caliber ideas you guys have come up with. the 40 and the 308 and the 451 IIRC. I was really interested in the 40 cal. Seems like you guys are willing to make a wide variety of calibers and that's AWESOME. But you guys have to start showing MORE on these guns and what they can do.

Crosman and the Rogue are doing the same thing. Lots of killing of animals (which we already know a bb gun can do) but they refuse to group or chrony the gun. They have therefore gained a lot of skepticism and criticism for it.

Regards,

Cedric

Good to hear from you Cedric and I always appreiciate your constructive criticisms...I could show you pics of groups, chronograph reports on any one of these guns as well as pics of the guns. Videos are way out of my league...As far as issues with quality of our guns and if they are worth the money I have not one person that owns one think that it is a POS...My partner Brent and I are very proud of our guns, he does all of the machining of the steel and I make the gunstocks, we do this in our spare time. Brent works full time for Oetiker and I own my own funeral home...I'am open to any suggestions from anyone on presentation...BTW how do you post pics on this site? Kind regards, Allen.
Random avatar
allen avram

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:59 am

Dyotat100 wrote:What name are they sold under? Have you sold any? Someone was asking about the .40 not to long ago on here.

They can't shoot just "Mr Hollow Points" junk either. Need to shoot nomal slugs that people can cast.

Our guns are called Extreme Hunter, we do not have a web site for our guns as of yet, as far as bullets for the .40 if they are sized to .408-.409 you should be good to go...Allen.
Random avatar
allen avram

Postby acourvil » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:07 pm

A couple more thoughts on the shotgun:

If the intended use is for smaller birds (e.g., quail/dove), then the number of shots per fill will be very important. I would think the absolute minimum would be 3, and a minimum on 10 would be more reasonable. A .410 with #8 through #6 shot would work fine for this purpose, although it places a premium on the shooters skills (nothing wrong with that).

A .410 for turkey hunting is pretty light, turkeys can be tough to kill. Most powder burner guys hunt with a 12 gauge with #6 through #4 shot, often in magnum loads. Plenty of folks also use 20 gauge guns, but .410 is pretty unusual for turkey, so that will be a tough sell. The number of shots per fill is less important here, but you would still want 2 or 3 available.

Aside from that, we are all very interested in getting more data about the performance, and in particular about the velocities and how consistent they are from shot to shot, as well as about what kind of groupings can be expected at hunting ranges for rifles (e.g., 50, 100 and 150 yards).

I would love to pick up a reliable, accurate big bore air rifle with readily available ammunition.
acourvil

Postby Dyotat100 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:11 pm

You came on here and showed the .40 and then it disappeared. I read or heard that it would only group good with one slug and that was a hollow point. Been a long time now and still nothing, just hype and that's it
Dyotat100

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Dyotat100 wrote:You came on here and showed the .40 and then it disappeared. I read or heard that it would only group good with one slug and that was a hollow point. Been a long time now and still nothing, just hype and that's it

So if I showed a pic of the .40 complete, a three shot group at 50 yds, with chronograph numbers would this satisfy your concerns regarding hype...Kind regards, Allen.
Random avatar
allen avram

Postby Dyotat100 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:45 pm

I seen the pics. They have been on here for over a year.

As far as numbers and grouping, no. Anybody can make numbers up and poke holes in paper and say it's what ever they want it to be.

Need unbiased opionions. This gun has been around and haven't heard of anybody having one.
Dyotat100

Postby allen avram » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Dyotat100 wrote:I seen the pics. They have been on here for over a year.

As far as numbers and grouping, no. Anybody can make numbers up and poke holes in paper and say it's what ever they want it to be.

Need unbiased opionions. This gun has been around and haven't heard of anybody having one.

All I can say is be patient and you will have unbiased opinions...Allen.
Random avatar
allen avram

Re: Extreme Hunter .410 shotgun

Postby Lambertus » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:42 pm

Just bumped into two movies made by Mr. Hollowpoint about this gun on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBorbTfS-qM&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhMQwzmnK4w
Couldn't hit sand if he fell off a camel...
Lambertus

Next

Return to Other Guns