New Home Forums General Mods/Machinists AR 15 Grip Adapter for Talon/ Condor. My two cents and some drawings.

Yay This is my first post!

Alright, this is my go at backseat driving, along with a few replies to previous posts.

First: Adam, nice work with your AR-15 adapter. However, I think I am with a few others when I think that it should or could be optionally be packaged with a custom trigger frame, hopefully you will follow what I am saying shortly…

However, let me address something that laanguiano mentioned earlier with his business 101 tid bit…

This is a custom part and market, as a result, I don’t think Adam should cut corners in order to sell his stuff dirt cheap. In my mind anyone who is going to mod their gun to accept an AR-15 grip is a little bit beyond your normal customer. Yeah it is nice to have a cheap adapter so that after you buy your $30+ grip you are still out less than a hundred bucks, but this is a custom milled/finished part, and if I were making it on my mill, I would be charging at least $50. All of this because as Adam said earlier there is all of the R&D, designing, and prototyping that you are also paying for, not just materials and production time. But alas, I currently do not have a mill to play with, so all I can do is show Adam what cuts I would make…

So, without further adieu, here is my idea for an optional or incorporated trigger frame built on the idea of running AR-15 grips via the AR-15 grip adapter.

I guess a good starting point was to take some of the contours that the gun already has going for it, I mean, we all got them for some reason, and power aside, I think I can safely say that we like the clean tactical look. So in this picture, I am copying two of the curves from the frame/sight rail.

The next step was to reflect and move those curves to where we need them.

Now it’s time to capitalize on those shapes and build a new trigger frame around them, and also incorporate the AR-15 adapter.

And last, the final product. If Adam or anyone else likes the idea, we could have a sturdy selection of grips to put on our guns, as well as a trigger guard that matches the rest of the frame.

Last, the reason I think that this looks good is this: From the factory the sight rail is thin and so is the trigger guard, and top to bottom it balances the gun. However, since almost everyone puts tri-rails on their gun(s) it suddenly takes the balance away. This could even it back out a bit. I think it looks rad, but that is just me.

However, I am currently counting down the seconds till my Condor arrives on my door step. Until then I can only live vicariously though all of you, and drool at all of the possibilities for modification. And since I said before, I don’t currently have access to a machine shop, all I can do is try to press my ideas into the heads of those of you who do.

-Julian