New Home Forums BullPups EdGun Tuning and adjusting the R3 out of the box Reply To: Tuning and adjusting the R3 out of the box

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS POST.

First of all it was the first time in my life when being lazy turned out to work in my favor.

I didn’t have the will power to break down the gun just yet so I decided to shoot a test string in the gun vise so I can get in the mood. The results were incredible. Around 920fps with very little spread. I decided to turn down the HST half a turn so here is the last string.

Same string but 1-90

Max=900; Min=891; Average=896; Extreme Spread 9; Standard Spread=3

90 consistent shots with the ES=9 I cant be more happy than this. I might turn up the HST because the string with the average of 920 was not different in spread. Not all the way to 920 but around 905-910. I don’t know.

I like this string so much !!!!

On another note, because I’ve accomplished so much in so little time, I decided to test the orings. I took off one by one from the breech end to the muzzle. Every test was made with 10 shots and tested the sound level near the bolt and at the muzzle.

The oring from the breach end off . Same speeds, spread and sound level.

The middle oring off. Same speeds, spread and sound level.

What the hell ? After thinking about it I come up with this theory.

The breech oring is replaced with the rifling of the tube and sealed with the silicone grease on the rifling. So the rifling of the tube replaces the oring.

The middle oring has no purpose as seen in the picture. It does not seal the rear part of the tube from the front part of the tube. So with or without it, it’s the same deal.

The tip oring off. No orings on the moderator whatsoever. You might want to sit down for this.

Same speeds, spread and sound level. This one did puzzled me completely. Not just because the same results, but the orings being on and off affected the speed on the unadjusted regulator, but had no effect on the adjusted one. I even took the tube off and cleaned all the grease from the rifling, tube and baffles so the air can go free outside the tube. Then put it back on dry and had the same results. Don’t ask me why. Maybe it has to do with my gun being the long version. I just don’t know……..yet. I ended up greasing the rifling again and I did put just the tip oring back, just in case.

I think my work here is done and I will not post in this topic unless some new mod will come up or you have some questions.