Q:

Hind Sight

Hello fellow lead slingers. Been meaning to post and just hadn’t gotten around to it. I have been lurking and reading for over a month now and have picked up quite a bit. I purchased a Condor Bounty Hunter from PA(miserable experience 😡 ) along with Air Force hand pump around the 3rd week of April.. I live in S.E. Louisiana at present and have been down here too long. Buying a place back in the north of the state with 6.5 acres where the Condor is going to get well used. That is once I get the shoebox compressor.lol I was doing some testing today after I received the Top Hat from Tony yesterday. And now everything is on hold. The Air Force pump has screwed up and no longer working. It has filled two tanks from empty and filled from around 2300psi to 3000psi maybe 5-6 times and now kaput. From reading here I wish I had known about the Hill pump when I placed the order but as my title says, hind sight is not worth anything. The pump will not even get to 50 bar now and it starts before that getting hard to pull the pump up. It did this on the fill before the last and I bled the air and started over and it managed to work ok. But have tried several times since and no luck. I also noticed black oil at bottom of pump on shaft. Any ideas of other than return for repair feel free to say “I told you so”…lol….aka BountyHunter, Allan

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

quote PANDEMIC:

call the company that the link is for they will send you a repair kit (lots of different orings) you dont have to call PA or Airforce to get it

Pandemic, thanks for all the info. The pump left today for SunOptics. I had no choice but to send to them. I was taking apart checking and cleaning and all was going well until I got to P10 on the dis assembly. It would not budge. I do not have a vice but used vice grips with an old 1/8″ thick leather belt and I had it tight enough the grips was biting through the leather. SunOptics said just write down about it and include with the pump. Said they have a one day turnaround so it will probably be this week or beginning of next week. Allan

Thanks, I saw where under the other threads that they would send it free in the first yr. I guess that is still a good offer as it cuts down on their service work. Will call them tomorrow. Allan

call the company that the link is for they will send you a repair kit (lots of different orings) you dont have to call PA or Airforce to get it

Thanks Pandemic, I followed the link and then the other link to the breakdown. Then realized I had already bookmarked it from finding before, just forgot, getting old ain’t fun. I’m going to call PA tomorrow, like that will do any good, but then will call AirForce and see if they will send what I need or try to get it replaced. I do not think that no more than it has been used that it should have failed. I have a friend that has the Benjamin pump and I know his has had a serious workout and no problems. Thanks again, Allan

Sorry to hear that.

We have a post here giving a warning…. http://talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6063

It really is a reoccuring problem over the years with the other pumps

:tag:

take it apart and replace the little oring on the rod inside then your pump is back up

here is a link to a link on how to do that
http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24040

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.