Q:

How quiet is your "quiet….??"

I have a Talon… it is a 12″ , .25 cal…
I vented the front bushing ( 8 )( 3/16″ holes ), and the frame ( 5 )( 1/8″ holes ).
The gun came with an R&L 4 baffle shroud…and has R&L extreme valve/hammer..
Wondering if a longer shroud would do better or possible to start clipping…?

You guys/gals with the silent types…are we talking ” Nerf-Gun-Quiet..?”

Would like the muzzle report to be quieter, not ready to do the hammer slap, but that may be what I’ m hearing…

General Chat

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

1 2
quote Harryparatestis:

quote tracyp:

. I thought about letting him have it up the ass just because he had the nerve to moon me when I was about to shoot his ass (no pun intended) but I didn’t pull the trigger. Now I wish I had. :tag:

I have blasted a couple right in the Ass.. as a matter of fact, one of the last ones I shot, I blasted in the ass and it exited right near his shoulder… Killed him right quick although a .25 pellet moving at 940fps has a habit of killing squirrels dead no matter where I hit them!! 😈

Well, That would for sure knock the Shit out of them! 😯 😈

Knife

Hey Joe , when i first put a shroud on my condor and shot it, i thought it was broke or not getting enough air. felt like i could have cupped my hand over the muzzle and squeezed one off. Glad i didnt , it was still sending 18 pells at 940 fps. 😯

and i would describe the report as slapping your bed with your out stretched flat hand with a thick comforter on the bed , kind of a puffft ,ands thats sending pelets in the 900’s
quieter than a Daisy red rider for sure. and it is still quieter if you turn the gun down, like 14 grain pellets in the 800’s,fps or any more yet in the 500’s fps

Those crow mags are crazy loud on impact in the low 900’s love the devastating effect, they group way better with sorting. I noticed that i was getting three distinct groups at 50 yards s when shooting them for groups and it would be 1 1/2″give or take, but with sorting i can get 3/4″ some better some worse .

quote tracyp:

. I thought about letting him have it up the ass just because he had the nerve to moon me when I was about to shoot his ass (no pun intended) but I didn’t pull the trigger. Now I wish I had. :tag:

I have blasted a couple right in the Ass.. as a matter of fact, one of the last ones I shot, I blasted in the ass and it exited right near his shoulder… Killed him right quick although a .25 pellet moving at 940fps has a habit of killing squirrels dead no matter where I hit them!! 😈

I’ve been LMAO for the last 10 minutes. I had a nutter lined up today but just before I pulled the trigger the little bugger turned around stuck his ass in my face. Damn near filled up the whole damn scope. I thought about letting him have it up the ass just because he had the nerve to moon me when I was about to shoot his ass (no pun intended) but I didn’t pull the trigger. Now I wish I had. :tag:

You guys are killing me !! 😉

That should be doable with a crow mag. If we could get them to shoot worth a damed! 😉

quote knifemaker:

Trouble is, I can’t seem to be able sneak up on those damed squirrels and pigeons and stick the putty on e’m before I shoot e’m! 👿

Just put a small portion of putty on the end of the pellet… 😉

Just thinking kinda outside the soft spot so to speak, you could slip some of my Alpha Lipoic Acid into the peanut butter bait. That way if you miss them this time, you will be able to smell them coming the next time 💡

Oh Shit! 😯 😆 😉

quote spinj:

Hit them on their soft spot and they go down quietly. 😆

I’m gonna try that shot soon….right below the tail, should be a nice round target…
And if your theory is correct; the sound should go right up inside them not alarming any neighbors….

“Brilliant idea” :mrgreen:

all I can say is I’m sitting in my office LMFAO

Hit them on their soft spot and they go down quietly. 😆

quote spinj:

With your gun being as quiet as you may think, you can make the pellet impact quiet if you use absorbent material like putty, but when you do so, you’ll start hearing the gun’s report again. 🙄

Trouble is, I can’t seem to be able sneak up on those damed squirrels and pigeons and stick the putty on e’m before I shoot e’m! 👿

They keep running off! 😆

Knife

How quiet is quiet is a valid question.

But it can only be answered once we know how exactly do we measure quiet?

I have a sound meter but I have no idea where to put it so that it is comparable to anything other than my own readings.

I find that any noise is too loud when i’m shooting off the porch. 😯 😀 😉

You guys kill me! Joe, they will make you laugh so hard you’ll piss yourself if you don’t watch them. I also have an SS, currently with a barrel riding hammer, not sure about the weight, I got it second hand, but it’s a brass base with a Delrin front, ad weighs more than my bullet / powder scale can handle, an American made Blod valve, ( think hod rodded Condor valve), with the 12 ” 22, and 4 Subsonic K baffles. Using an SPL meter app on my IPhone, it only registers 88 DB, this in the middle of the day, outside where the ambient noise is around 85DB. Funny thing, if I use the Talon tank which has a slightly modified valve it won’t even break the 85DB floor. Now with the 25 cal barrel, regular hammer, (haven’t had a chance to pick up a heavy for that barrel yet, aka funds), it will crack around 120DB with no frame extension, or shroud. I have a home made frame extension I built with two chambers, and old style plastic curlers wrapped in dryer sheets. Mount that on the 25, and all you hear are mechanics, right around the noise floor or 85DB. Don’t know if that helps or not, but like you I have the front bushings on all three barrels vented, and one 1/8″ hole under my forearm also. If you really want to measure the noise search for one of the free SPL, or RTA apps for your I-device, or Android device, they are fairly accurate. I used to work in sound, so I kinda had a good idea of what certain levels sound like. I have also done some measuring with a laptop app called True RTA, the free version allows you to measure a spectrum of sound from say 20 HZ to 20 KHZ which is basically what the human ear’s range is.

Casey

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.