FX Impact availability?

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Wingman NZ

13brv3
New User

FX Impact availability?

Postby 13brv3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:09 pm

Greetings,

Since I decided to get back into pcp, and found out about the Impact, I knew immediately that I wanted one. Sadly, they seem to be really hard to get. I have an order with AOA that was estimated to be available around the end of Feb. Sadly, the new estimate is April. Do they just not make that many of them, or are there that many people willing to spend that much for one?

For something more along the lines of a question- what other options do I have to order a new one? Google tells me that AD sells them, but they have to be getting them from AOA, as would any other US dealer. No one seems to have them in stock of course, so I'm thinking my only real option is to just wait for AOA. I might have to buy something else in the mean time to make the waiting easier.

Cheers,
Rusty

Ginuwine

Re: FX Impact availability?

Postby Ginuwine » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:23 pm

It shouldn't take that long. I put in an order in Oct thinking i would get it in Feb, they called me second week of November and told me they had extra Black .25 cal and did i want it? My money wasn't right so i passed. They called me Dec 20th and told me the same thing, but this time i took them up on the offer and had it in hand on the 30th of Dec 2016.
.22 Kalibr Cricket std - Hawke Varmint 4x16.
.25 Vulcan Tactic - MTC Optisan Viper 6x24.
.25 FX Impact - SWFA 16x42.

13brv3
New User

Postby 13brv3 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:09 am

Thanks. I hadn't really thought of that, but I can definitely see it happening. They probably take a lot of refundable deposits for orders, and there are bound to be people who pass on the sale by the time the rifle is available. Yesterday I ordered a Kral Puncher Breaker to play with until the Impact arrives, so I'm sure they'll be calling about the Impact sooner than expected :-)

Cheers,
Rusty

kris

Postby kris » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:10 am

13brv3 wrote:Thanks. I hadn't really thought of that, but I can definitely see it happening. They probably take a lot of refundable deposits for orders, and there are bound to be people who pass on the sale by the time the rifle is available. Yesterday I ordered a Kral Puncher Breaker to play with until the Impact arrives, so I'm sure they'll be calling about the Impact sooner than expected :-)

Cheers,
Rusty

man next time you do more reading, not only watching videos
:rofl:
Vulcan .177
Vulcan .25 wow
HW100KS .22 with BSA barrel
HW100KT .177 with long BSA barrel and A&M cylinder

13brv3
New User

Postby 13brv3 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:56 am

kris wrote:
man next time you do more reading, not only watching videos
:rofl:

Maybe you could let me in on the joke?

Rusty

kris

Postby kris » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:42 am

you have to own those guns to find out about the features the reviewers DO NOT tell you.
hopefully you will share with us the experience. be it good or bad.
:whistle:
Vulcan .177
Vulcan .25 wow
HW100KS .22 with BSA barrel
HW100KT .177 with long BSA barrel and A&M cylinder

iride

Postby iride » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:22 am

Yea, I am another that would like to know how the impact works out , In a few weeks not the first day?
Mike
West Texas, home of all the rivers
22 Cricket
25 Cricket
P 17 pistols Three
Mutant 22 Listone barrel & CZ barrel

13brv3
New User

Postby 13brv3 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:52 am

I'll be happy to report good or bad, but I have to get one first. That seems to be the biggest challenge right now.

Rusty

iride

Postby iride » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:29 am

I do not mean to sound negative, But I know of at least 3 people that have sent there impacts back to AOA, for a refund in the past week or so.
I am sure they fix them and resale them as sending them back to Sweden would cost out the as.
I would call AOA and see what they say.
Mike
West Texas, home of all the rivers
22 Cricket
25 Cricket
P 17 pistols Three
Mutant 22 Listone barrel & CZ barrel

13brv3
New User

Postby 13brv3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:55 am

iride wrote:I do not mean to sound negative, But I know of at least 3 people that have sent there impacts back to AOA, for a refund in the past week or so.
I am sure they fix them and resale them as sending them back to Sweden would cost out the as.
I would call AOA and see what they say.
Mike

Morning Mike.

AOA has a pre-owned section on their site, so I would expect returns to appear there, and I haven't seen any. I exchanged a few messages with them two days ago, and they're expecting a shipment next week, though I might still not be high enough on the list to get one.

It would be interesting to know the actual number they get back for repair or refund, compared with other high end rifles.

Cheers,
Rusty

Cricket

Postby Cricket » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:43 pm

A very big and popular store in the UK with a YouTube channel and all stopped selling their Impacts and sent them all back to FX with complaints about their poor quality control and attitude. I myself returned my Impact within 24h and had contact with Axelsson about it, not a pleasant experience.

13brv3
New User

Postby 13brv3 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:32 pm

Sorry to hear you had problems, but I'm betting mine will be just fine. If not, they'll fix it. I like the design better than anything else out there, so there's no other option for me.

Cheers,
Rusty

Cricket

Postby Cricket » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:22 am

There are things I really like about the design too, hence why I bought it. But some things I don't like. But you can't please everyone, hope your turns out to shoot as good as Ted's and has no issues. I'll be glad to hear a report from you once you've owned it for a while.

Return to “FX Bullpups”