Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Y

guykuo

Re: Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

Postby guykuo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:29 am

Yes, the intro special on the compressor with PMV and auto bleed is still happening. They cannot have a sales thread on this forum. No one can. That sales thread was rightly deleted after I reported it.

Gateway to Airguns asked me to repost my review and also let their members know about the special in their bargains section. There isn't an equivalent section here at TAG for that type of information. So, ironically, the place where information about the Carette first came out isn't where you learn about getting one.

Everything basically has to be done by contacting Bosunhu.

miksatx

Postby miksatx » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:52 pm

Ok so the test mule arrived 3pm by FedEx Stealthy Delivery. Made it safe guykuo. Thanks again. Pretty light little compressor. I managed to pull it out the box by myself. oiled and watered up. Pulled it over to the washer an dryer plugged into the same outlet as the dryer.( where I originally was going to plug in the Airmax) turned it on. Now this sounds like a dive compressor. Not a screaming banshee Airmax lol. The wife commented right off how quiet it is. I really like the slower run.
IMG_0475.JPG

Set it up this morning filled my great white 3k to 4.5k 1hr5 mins. The auto drain I was expecting a louder blast lol that brass sieve on it quiets pretty good lol.
Talon SS. .25
Mutant Std .22
Back packer .177
Mutant Shorty .177
2240 Kit .25
2240 Kit .177
AirMax Varmit .177

guykuo

Postby guykuo » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:55 pm

:8: :8: :8: :biggrinn:

I know you will take good care of it.

Guy

MJP
New User

Postby MJP » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:10 am

This is what community is at its best! Hope to hear some long term reports on how it does, congrats on your new toy!
Self reliant air is a must for every pcp owner, and Carrette takes this one step closer to many of you out there.
Let's hope there be more affordable units out there besides shoebox(slow) Altaros (needs a big shop comp to be fast) Omega (dunno much about that) and now the Carrette.
Will be interesting what else is behind the corner.

Marko

guykuo

Postby guykuo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:16 pm

Wow. I just got hinted to peek at mrodair.com. There is something new listed as the Mark 4 Compressor.

This is like finding someone you really don't trust dating your sister. OMG! :suprisedn:

Looks like these are the old, Chinese domestic 220 volt configuration, not the new 120 volt, full configuration being prepped for the US market and sold via Bosun's introductory special.

True to form, Mrodair is over hyping it as a SCUBA compressor able to fill cascade systems. I wouldn't recommend either of those activities with a Carette.

Yikes. If this is the new US dealership, that would be pairing a great machine with a poor track record dealer.

miksatx

Postby miksatx » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Wow I sure didn't see that coming!
Talon SS. .25
Mutant Std .22
Back packer .177
Mutant Shorty .177
2240 Kit .25
2240 Kit .177
AirMax Varmit .177

guykuo

Postby guykuo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:49 pm

Just heard from Bosunhu that those units at Mrodair are definitely NOT from Sincere, but appear to be someone outright copying their older, Chinese market compressor.

Sincere just made some judgement from their photos of the compressor. This compressor photo is definitely from someone who contacts with Mrodair in China. And you please notice the scraping marks in the wire box. That is originally Chinese Characters.

This is a new low.... someone actively making themselves a seller of rip-off product. :angrymob:

Meanwhile the legitimate maker, who is actually using good components, is still working hard to find US dealership(s).

Worse, yet. Nobody knows what kind of parts are inside these units. Just because they look alike outside, there is no assurance of what is inside. Selling a look-alike threatens to ruin Carrette's reputation with unpredictable quality clones.

ramjet62

Postby ramjet62 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:37 am

guykuo wrote:Just heard from Bosunhu that those units at Mrodair are definitely NOT from Sincere, but appear to be someone outright copying their older, Chinese market compressor.

Sincere just made some judgement from their photos of the compressor. This compressor photo is definitely from someone who contacts with Mrodair in China. And you please notice the scraping marks in the wire box. That is originally Chinese Characters.

This is a new low.... someone actively making themselves a seller of rip-off product. :angrymob:

Meanwhile the legitimate maker, who is actually using good components, is still working hard to find US dealership(s).

Worse, yet. Nobody knows what kind of parts are inside these units. Just because they look alike outside, there is no assurance of what is inside. Selling a look-alike threatens to ruin Carrette's reputation with unpredictable quality clones.
YES what you stated is what I received in email , from Bosun Also, & I was ready to give up on the Carrette, before reading your post & receiving the email from Bosun..

nalby

Postby nalby » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:51 pm

So has anyone received a production model yet? I'm interested in getting one from airtanksforsale but wanted to hear a few more reviews.

My #35 shoebox is still going but could be retired after hundreds of hrs of use
Thanks Jim

TalonSS 25cal, Marauder .22, B26,

guykuo

Postby guykuo » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:28 pm

I doubt anyone would have received one of the production units yet. Last I read, they weren't expected to arrive until end of March / early April.

nalby

Postby nalby » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Ok thanks, I guess it's just a waiting game now
Thanks Jim

TalonSS 25cal, Marauder .22, B26,

Return to “Compressors, tanks and pumps”