NEW IMPROVED REGULATED AIRMAX PISTOL DUE 3/2017...

Any threads that are P12 specific should go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Wingman NZ

Hoot
Location: Toad Suck, Arkansas - Registered Republican. Ultra-Conservative, Hard-core skeptic-at-large.

NEW IMPROVED REGULATED AIRMAX PISTOL DUE 3/2017...

Postby Hoot » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:12 pm

:hoot:

Greetings Miscreants...

Recently, I ordered an Airmax pistol, new and revised model, from Mrodair.com. $219 shipped to the first 50 buyers. I ordered/paid, and got no rejection notice, so I assume I'm in the first 50..there may even be a few openings left before the price jumps up to $269 or so. Shipment to the U.S. is said to be underway. No way to contact Mrodair by phone, voice message box is full. He's busy, but from what I've read he can be trusted.

When the pistol arrives, I'll post photos, comments, FPS/FPE, and what pellets I'm using. The .22 pistol is rated at 600 fps, but that could result from shooting 2gr cotton barrel cleaners for all I know. Real life velocity in a .22 pcp pistol is not going to go supersonic. However, if I can get it close to 700 fps I'll be quite happy. I think this can be done with 10gr-14gr pellets. I'm ordering some, and will report on the results after I receive the gun.

The use for this little pcp is short range snakes and critters in my yard that can bite me or my dog. In Arkansas everything bits, chiggers, ticks, snakes, dogs, cats, fire ants, and soon....feral hogs! (I'm told they are slowly migrating towards Toad Suck territory.) I may have to break out the Vulcan for the hogs, but everything else is fair game for the pistol.

I might even try to make a short butt stock, and make it into a pcp SBR. I have a red dot sight ready to put on it. Accuracy at 10 to 15 meters is what I'm interested in!

Stay tuned....

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot:

PS: Kudos to forum member...I think his ID is "Milk-sack" or something close to that. He has a mini-mill and produced an adapter to fit the Chinese threads so I can attach my existing LDC. I might even order the modifier Mrodair has...but since I only have one kidney left, I'll have to save up for that. $69 doesn't grow on trees around here!!! That's a LOT of aluminum cans, and I can't sell my blood anymore...I tried to donate, and the bastards ended up giving me two packs of cookies, a can of Coke, and two units of O+. The tech there said I was almost a quart low, and he had a fresh batch of O+ in the cooler...so what the hell! What could I do? It was all free!!!
"One day I’ll be dead and someone will find this website and think, ‘Wow! That guy was really stupid. Good thing he’s dead.’”

miksatx

Re: NEW IMPROVED REGULATED AIRMAX PISTOL DUE 3/2017...

Postby miksatx » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:29 am

Not real sure the rig I sent ya will fit the new style pistol Hoot. I know mike was working on a adapter for the new gun. I think it was going to be for the ldc he sells. So you might want to check Mrodair on that.
Talon SS. .25
Mutant Std .22
Back packer .177
Mutant Shorty .177
2240 Kit .25
2240 Kit .177
AirMax Varmit .177

SECoda

Postby SECoda » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:33 am

When did you order and how long does it take to get one as a ball park?

Hoot
Location: Toad Suck, Arkansas - Registered Republican. Ultra-Conservative, Hard-core skeptic-at-large.

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:47 am

SECoda wrote:When did you order and how long does it take to get one as a ball park?

SECoda...I ordered last week but am sad to inform you the Airmax pistol can't be converted to a ball park! Further, SUM HUNG LOW, the gun's designer/developer, emailed me that there were no plans to do so in the foreseeable future!

Sorry!

Kindly 'Ol Uncle Hoot:
"One day I’ll be dead and someone will find this website and think, ‘Wow! That guy was really stupid. Good thing he’s dead.’”

SECoda

Postby SECoda » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:51 am

LOL I was expecting exactly that. Is SUM the one with the three daughters?

No Yen Too
No Fun Too
and
Too Young Too

Hoot

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:28 am

Yes...that is the family. Their mother, Nomo Fuk Yu, quit having children since she could only produce daughters. Sad story!

Hoot:

Return to “P12”