Want to go with a larger tank on my talonp

Any threads that are TalonP specific should go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing

roger52
New User

Want to go with a larger tank on my talonp

Postby roger52 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:53 pm

After getting the MadDog stock on I feel that I need a larger air tank. Now what I understand is to keep the power up I need to use the Condor tank is this correct?

Roger

Bruce.net

Re: Want to go with a larger tank on my talonp

Postby Bruce.net » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:44 am

Roger,

I just received the same set-up as you, but I also have a .22 barrel and a Condor tank. My understanding is the Condor tank is not as powerful as the direct flo valve in the P tank. I just put the stock on last night and have not had time to chrony anything yet.

Doug at Maddog was first rate to deal with and the Ultima stock looks and feels fantastic.

I also bought a Clague LDC from Hoot and it is the real deal.

Thanks for posting your set-up. I hope to be able to duplicate those results with my P.

Bruce

roger52
New User

Postby roger52 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:14 pm

Bruce please let me know how your p shoots with the Condor tank should get alot more shots also.

Roger

Bruce.net

Postby Bruce.net » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:36 pm

Roger,

I finally had a few spare moments to shoot over the chrony.

TalonP tank - 2,600 psi - 1,900 psi

16 shots starting at 865 fps down to 808. The first 8 shots averaged 855 with a spread of 15 fps.
The top hat is set at .099 and I have a #10 o-ring behind it.

Condor tank - 2,600 psi - 2,200 psi

15 shots starting at 891 down to 838 . The first 8 shots averaged 882 with a spread of 16 fps.
The top hat is set at .105, no o-ring.

I was using the JSB Kings for the test, an Alpha Chrony, and my home made light kit down my basement. I have not attempted to change the top hat settings on either tank.

With the Maddog stock the small tank obviously is more comfortable but the Condor tank is not too bad. I assume with some tuning the Condor tank would be able to get a nice string with more shots.

Ultimately, all I need is 8 - 10 shots for my back yard pesting, and could stretch it to 15 shots as long as I keep my range limited on the later shots.

If you have any interest in purchasing the Condor tank please let me know. I will be putting it up for sale to help recoup some of my costs and start saving up for a scope for my FT rig.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bruce

roger52
New User

Postby roger52 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:04 am

Bruce, what was your power wheel set on for both test? Also a couple of other things I do see you are using a conservative fill nothing wrong with that. Also I assume that the condor tanks top hat came set at .105 why didn't you use a o-ring with the condor tank? I do realize that the valves are different I would have thought you would have double your shot count with the condor tank with a lower velocity because of the different valve. Have you thought about putting the o-ring on the condor tank? I am new to the Air Force platform also so a learning curve is expected. I was hoping some forum members would help out but not a lot going on for some reason. I was thinking about getting the Mac1 air tank for $55 and order a talonp valve assembly for $120 and drop it in and save about $65. Not sure yet what ever I do will need to wait until after Christmas. Why do you favor the p tank over the condor?

Roger

Bruce.net

Postby Bruce.net » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:45 pm

PW was set at 2 for both tests.

The Condor tank is just not as comfortable as the smaller tank with the scope set as low as I have it. If I put a tri-rail on the gun, or used higher rings the larger tank would work a lot better. But it would also add some weight...

The small tank will give me enough shots in the short window of time I usually have...

Good luck.

miksatx

Postby miksatx » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:30 am

So why don't you buy tony's cf tank it's 2" shorter then a condor or stock talon tank?
Talon SS. .25
Mutant Std .22
Back packer .177
Mutant Shorty .177
2240 Kit .25
2240 Kit .177
AirMax Varmit .177

Return to “TalonP (Pistol)”