My Microlite build

Any threads that are TalonP specific should go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing

Caboose212

My Microlite build

Postby Caboose212 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:13 pm

It's just a very simple build- I'm essentially keeping the TalonP stock. I may tweak the top hat and such, if it's not performing as I'd like it to. My aim is 45-50 fpe, but I think the talonP is supposed to be doing that from the box?

I picked up a talonP Microlite kit from Tagdagger... Thanks Tag!! When it came in the packaging was very nice- and came with a list of components. Shipping was very quick, and Tag was very good with his communication during the whole process. Here's a few pics:

As you can see in the last pic above, Tag even included bushing screws that will be flush like the factory screws, after install of the kit. I only used the shorter side screws, as the bottom set weren't protruding out enough to warrant using the kit screws.

There was no problems at all installing the kit. The breech cover/extension is tight for sure, but that's a good thing, as I feel it will add more stiffening to the frame. This new kit is aluminum, whereas his originals were of delrin. I can't say enough about how easy the kit was to install. Tag did a video on youtube, and even with the new barrel extension/baffle system, it went together so easily. Here's a pic of the kit assembled, before paint:

This will be a utilitarian gun. A knock around gun. A truck gun. Whatever you want to call it. This talonP will be a tool. As such, the paint job reflects this. I wanted a simple paint job to cover the bare aluminum. So, I didn't really take too much care when masking it off. Which is fine to me. Hell, I didn't even paint the whole thing! I only sprayed 2 coats of color, and 3 coats of matte clear. Here's some post painting pics:

As you can see by the masking job around the power wheel, zero fucks were given.

The only thing to do now is to mount a scope and add an LDC. The OAL of the bullpup is 28" with no LDC. I'm going to have a threaded endcap adapter made, with a thread protector. I'm also having a 6" LDC made. This way, I can take off the LDC for transport. I can even leave it off, if I don't feel that I need it. The kit comes with some baffling built into the barrel extension, which is supposed to reduce the sound by near half. So I won't need an LDC all the time. But the option will be there when/if I need it.

I want to thank you Tagdagger, I think this kit of yours is the answer I've been looking for, in an airgun. It's compact, balances well, and it addresses a few of the issues I have with AF guns in general. Even with a 6" LDC, the OAL will be 34", which is phenomenal. It's .25, so it will punch harder at range than a .22. I will have no worries about taking out everything from squirrels to coons out to 50-60 yards with this bullpup. Then there's the cost... WELL below the cost of ALL the currently available bullpups in .25. I'm not knocking them- I'm sure they're awesome guns... but I'm done spending over $1k on an airgun. [I still have some outstanding builds that are well over $1k, but those don't count!! :rofl: ]

For me, this kit is the answer to a lot of requirements I have for a "truck gun". YMMV
Stay low, Go fast.
Kill first, Die last.
One shot. One kill.
No Luck- All Skill.

USMC- Semper Fi

tagdagger

Re: My Microlite build

Postby tagdagger » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:21 pm

Looking good there! You probably already know this but, if you ever wanted to remove the rail stock the aluminum rear action is totally self supporting so you could change to a quick detach set up or go back and forth.
These guns are quite mod-able they are :geekn:
Born twice die once, born once Die twice.

Caboose212

Re: My Microlite build

Postby Caboose212 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:35 pm

You know, I actually kind of like the rail stock! I didn't think I was going to, but after I got it all together, I took a liking to it! Plus that pellet dispenser is growing on me too- I didn't think I was going to use that either...
Stay low, Go fast.
Kill first, Die last.
One shot. One kill.
No Luck- All Skill.

USMC- Semper Fi

Return to “TalonP (Pistol)”