Microlite Bullpup kit for TalonP

Any threads that are TalonP specific should go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing

ViperSniper
New User

Re: Microlite Bullpup kit for TalonP

Postby ViperSniper » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:55 pm

Check out my Microlite build.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=35534

Tec-0-Tea

Postby Tec-0-Tea » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:57 am

Do you get more shots without the added hammer weight installed?

Caboose212

Postby Caboose212 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:32 pm

Here's a crazy idea- if someone has a AF frame blank (the raw, unmachined extrusion), could this design be integrated into the frame?

See, I have this extrusion that I bought from Aliexpress. The center bore wasn't round- it was slightly egg shaped. Which is why these raw extrusions didn't spawn a slew of ground-up custom AF frames. BUT I went to the expense of having the center bore machined perfectly round. It's bored a few thou' over, so all the internals would have to be custom made (maybe just the bushings and breech?), but as of now, I don't know what I'm going to do with this. I'm not going to sell it, but I will eventually use it. I figure, with some measuring and cutting, I could integrate this bullpup kit into a 1 piece bullpup frame. My original idea was to use the long extrusion for a custom Noble .257 build, but decided against it. But a one-off bullpup would be the bee's knees!!!

Thoughts?

The extrusion I have is pretty long, I think in the neighborhood of 50"+, so it's more than enough material to make this. Especially if I copy the talonP frame length, which would be the idea.

Tagdagger- I would pay you for use of a kit to take measurements from, and If you're able to do so, I could send you (and only you) my completed frame to copy, so you can offer a custom bullpup frame for sale. I'd be making other, small improvements, like a M1913 scope rail that's lower, and keeping more material under the fore grip, and only shaving the frame down forward of the fore grip to make the frame stiffer- same idea for the scope rail- or I could make a monolithic rail, the full length of the frame (huh, there's an idea). If you were to copy the frame to make a aftermarket frame for sale, yours would be even better than mine, since you can fully integrate the scope rail- I will have to machine an add-on and epoxy it on. Thoughts on this Tagdagger? I'm not ready to start this right this minute, but if/when you're good to go, I can definitely start making time for this. I think it would be awesome, and potentially lucrative for you, since no one is offering a custom FRAME. You would be offering a custom bullpup frame, that has some corrections that AF shooters have been pining for, for years... :8:
Stay low, Go fast.
Kill first, Die last.
One shot. One kill.
No Luck- All Skill.

USMC- Semper Fi

tagdagger

Postby tagdagger » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Tec-0-Tea wrote:Do you get more shots without the added hammer weight installed?

Anything that reduces air consumption will add to your shot count, but with the direct-flo valve you need the extra hammer wt to open the valve especially at the higher pressures. The best way to get more shots is with a longer more air efficient barrel.
A 16'' barrel is a good compromise in length,weight,and shot count. It gives 18shots over 50 fpe is 29.5''long and under 6lbs scoped.

Born twice die once, born once Die twice.

Caboose212

Postby Caboose212 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:50 pm

tagdagger wrote:
Tec-0-Tea wrote:Do you get more shots without the added hammer weight installed?

Anything that reduces air consumption will add to your shot count, but with the direct-flo valve you need the extra hammer wt to open the valve especially at the higher pressures. The best way to get more shots is with a longer more air efficient barrel.
A 16'' barrel is a good compromise in length,weight,and shot count. It gives 18shots over 50 fpe is 29.5''long and under 6lbs scoped.

I'm loving that LDC- will you be offering that as a separate accessory Tag?
Stay low, Go fast.
Kill first, Die last.
One shot. One kill.
No Luck- All Skill.

USMC- Semper Fi

tagdagger

Postby tagdagger » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Caboose212 wrote:Here's a crazy idea- if someone has a AF frame blank (the raw, unmachined extrusion), could this design be integrated into the frame? :

I have a fullframe design alternative for the bullpup and for the standard frame, just recently settled on a trigger for it, but its on hold for now. Airforce's primary patent is still in effect till the end of this year. Its 50/50 whether I'll put some out next year or not depending on price point and interest.

For now here is a pic of one of the latest aluminum actions. Still have to sand blast and anodize but hopefully have a few done mid September.

tagdagger

Postby tagdagger » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:15 pm

Caboose212 wrote:
tagdagger wrote:

I'm loving that LDC- will you be offering that as a separate accessory Tag?

No, that's a custom build, but the full frame design I mentioned has one similar but much better.

Caboose212

Postby Caboose212 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:56 pm

Oh man... I can't wait for everything to be done!!
Stay low, Go fast.
Kill first, Die last.
One shot. One kill.
No Luck- All Skill.

USMC- Semper Fi

tagdagger

Postby tagdagger » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:25 am

Caboose212 wrote:Oh man... I can't wait for everything to be done!!

Yep, me too :biggrinn: An AF compatible full frame with trigger group is a large endeavor. Only an air source and valve away from a whole gun, so like I mentioned 50/50?
For now the kits are the best way for shorter,lighter,and quieter.

Caboose212

Postby Caboose212 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:40 am

Agreed. I PM'd you. Thanks tagdagger! This kit is tits!
Stay low, Go fast.
Kill first, Die last.
One shot. One kill.
No Luck- All Skill.

USMC- Semper Fi

bf1956
New User

Postby bf1956 » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:26 pm

is this kit available?

Caboose212

Postby Caboose212 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:15 pm

Yep... PM Tagdagger
Stay low, Go fast.
Kill first, Die last.
One shot. One kill.
No Luck- All Skill.

USMC- Semper Fi

coors

Postby coors » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:05 pm

Dave, any chance that we can get a sneak-peak of your full frame? What trigger did you go with?

tagdagger

Postby tagdagger » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Coors, at this point its just drawings and a marked up pc of extrusion. maybe next year.

kinoko

Postby kinoko » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:23 pm

there is a full frame or block with hole and trigger gutter from taiwan that you can buy. china one has rougher material. it comes with old style trigger sear. i use it to accomodate stronger scope mount for hunting purpose. stock afc would cost us 1400usd so this wudnt hurt so much if scratched.

Jethro

Postby Jethro » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:38 am

coors wrote:I put on the 4500psi tank

Coors would you mind giving us some info on the the 4500psi tank you're using?
I got a sweater for Christmas. What I really wanted was a moaner

.22 Condor SS
.22 HW100T
.22 Diana 460
.22 QB57

Jethro

Postby Jethro » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:47 am

Many thanks Coors
I got a sweater for Christmas. What I really wanted was a moaner

.22 Condor SS
.22 HW100T